Your Reliable Source for Bail Bonds in Baltimore
Family-owned and established over 50 years ago, Fred Frank Bail Bonds is located in Baltimore, Maryland and serves the entire state, from the Eastern Shore to Western Maryland. Of course, our principle location on East Lexington Street places us directly in the heart of the city, and we can quickly and easily respond to your needs via phone or in person, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, including holidays.
We understand very well what happens at a Baltimore bail review and we’re very familiar with Baltimore’s districts and the functioning of the city’s Central Booking system and location. Our approach to the entire process, which can be quite difficult, is to make things as easy as possible for the family members and friends of those who are in jail and require a bail bond. We also have a large and knowledgeable group of Baltimore bail bondsmen who are dedicated to doing everything they can to make this ordeal go as smoothly as it can.
Part of our job is to provide the most reliable information possible to those seeking our bail bonds services. Here is a general overview of how the process works in Baltimore, from arrest through the issuance of a bail bond:
- Your friend, family member, or loved one (the defendant) is arrested.
- The defendant is transported to Baltimore’s Central Booking by the officer who made the arrest.
- The defendant is fingerprinted, photographed, and is outfitted with a wristband that includes an ID#.
- The defendant is allowed one phone call, which is placed from a holding cell – he or she will see a commissioner within 24 hours and the average wait is 14-18 hours.
- After the defendant is seen by a commissioner, the records department of Central Booking must receive the defendant’s paperwork, and enter it into their system.
Until this last step is completed, it is not possible for a bail bondsman to post bond. The time required for records to be properly updated often takes as long as 5-7 hours, which sometimes causes some confusion. Pre-trial investigators will often tell the defendant’s family, friends, or loved one that they can come to Central Booking to post bond. However, this is NOT CORRECT. Until the records department of Central Booking has received the appropriate information, no action can be taken related to bail or a bail bond. To avoid such a situation, working with a skilled bail bondsman can help to both get your loved one out of jail on bail and make the process as painless as possible for you.
If you have a friend, family member, or loved one in jail in Baltimore, MD, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fred Frank Bail Bonds to get help right away.
214 East Lexington Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Resources for Bail Bonds in Baltimore – Police & Court Locations
300 E. Madison Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Phone: (410) 545-8080
Fax: (410) 545-8289